Thursday, February 25, 2010

Symphony Brownies

First I'll give you the best and easiest brownie recipe that I've used through out the years!! I love it. And then after that I'll tell you how to turn them into Symphony brownies!! MMMMMMMMM...........


Sauce Pan Brownies

Melt in saucepan:
1 stick of butter
2 - 1 ounce squares of unsweetened chocolate

Remove from heat and add:
1 cup of sugar

Stir then add:
2 eggs, one at a time, stir after each

Then stir in:
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Then add:
3/4 cups flour
dash of salt

Stir till well mixed. Can add nuts or chocolate chips. Bake in greased 8 x 8 pan at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes (or until desired doneness, I like mine slightly gooey)Sometimes I like to sprinkle nuts and 1/2 cup chocolate chips on the top before baking, then when they're done I drizzle melted carmels over the top. Or drizzle with marshmellow cream and fudge frosting. Sinful.

To Make into Symphony Brownies:
I double the recipe, then in a 13 x 9 baking pan, I line it with parchment paper so there are about 3 inches hanging over the pan on the ends. Then pour 1/2 of the batter into the pan, then I lay 3 giant Symphony bars(i use the milk choc. with almond and toffee pieces ones) across it (may have to break one row off of one of the bars, I lay that along the side) then spread the rest of your brownie batter over the top. Bake in 350 pan for 30 minutes. (I find thats about the right amount of time, candy bars make it kind of jiggly till they cool). Cool on baking rack in pan till completely cool. Then grab wax paper ends and lift out of pan, remove parchement  paper from sides and cut into squares.. these are the best brownies ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...