Saturday, March 19, 2011

Turkey Jambalaya


I love this recipe for Turkey Jambalaya. I had posted this recipe when I first started my blog, but I made it the other night and revamped it a little by adding the beans, green chili's , and red bell peppers. This is a great way to use up left over turkey, I had some leftover smoked turkey from Sunday and used it instead of the chicken in this recipe. It turned out Yummo!
Turkey Jambalaya
1 package smoked turkey sausage (or polska Kelbasa)(Those horseshoe shaped links)
2 cups diced cooked chicken (or left over turkey)
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 medium onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 small can diced green chili's
3 cloves of garlic, minced (about 1 Tablespoon already minced)
1 (14.5) can italian-style diced tomatoes, UNdrained
1 (15 oz.) can red beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
1 bay leaf
2 teaspoons worcestershire Sauce
2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
Pepper and salt to taste.

Saute Turkey sausage and vegis in large fry pan for 3 to 5 minutes. Then add tomatoes, beans,  broth, rice, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce,seasoning and chicken. Mix well, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
Serve with crispy french bread and a salad! YUMMO!!!

I've added sliced carrots too, with the vegis. And sometimes for more heat.. I add a little cayenne pepper, and smoked paprika.
This goes great with salad and crusty french bread!! And it's a good way to use Turkey leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...