Sunday, September 19, 2010

Asian Chicken Wings

Jim loves chicken wings! We had them at a little Teriyaki Grill in Walla Walla when we were there. They were yummy so I tried to create the sauce they were in here at home. I think it's pretty close. They were good anyway. Here's the recipe I came up with.

Asain Chicken Wings

3-4 lbs chicken wings (I usally buy a bag of Tyson frozen wings and use it all)
Cajun seasoning (your favorite, or see my recipe for Cajun seasoning with fish taco recipe)

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup apricot jam
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1or 2 Tablespoons Louisianna Hot sauce (depends on how hot you like them)
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
dash or two of jamaican allspice

Heat grill to medium high heat.
Rinse chicken wings, place on cookie sheet and pat dry with paper towel. Sprinkle both sides with cajun seasoning. When grill is hot, place chicken wings on grill evenly spaced. Cook on medium heat for 25-30 minutes, or until juices run clear. I turn them after 10 minutes of cooking, let cook on that side for 10 minutes, and then I turn every 5. Watch them so they don't burn.
To make the sauce:
Whisk the rest of the ingredients together in a small  saucepan. Then heat to boiling, and then turn down heat so the sauce is just at a simmer. Simmer and stir frequently for 10 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens.
When wings are done put in a large bowl, pour sauce over them and toss to evenly coat each chicken wing. Serve on a platter garnished with diced green onion tops, or you can sprinkle a little parsley on the top like I did.  Enjoy!!

**remember, you can adjust the spicyness by adding more hot sauce or red pepperflakes. I did the 1 tablespoon hot sauce and the 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, but think I will add a little more hot sauce next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...