Sunday, July 29, 2012

(almost) Perfect Scrambled Eggs and Bacon

I wasn't going to post such a simple recipe on my blog, but then I remembered the reason I started my blog in the first place...my kids. Both are in college, and you never know when they might want to make scrambled eggs and bacon. This is the way I have made them my whole life, at least the eggs. My Dad has always made wonderful scrambled eggs, one of his secrets is lots of grated cheese in them! YUM! I ran across this way to cook the bacon on T.V?? or by word of mouth with friends?? I can't remember... I have always hated cooking bacon in a frying pan because it splatters everywhere and curls up on the ends and you never get an evenly cooked piece of bacon. I love this method and it's easy cleanup! Enjoy!

Almost Perfect Scrambled Eggs and Bacon

10 to 12 slices of Bacon ( I like peppered bacon)

6 eggs
1/4 cup milk or half n' half
Dash or two Hot sauce (I like Franks or Louisiana)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 cup (or slightly more) grated cheese (whatever you like best... I used a Colby jack today)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, folding the edges up so you have a dam on all sides (this keeps the grease contained) Place bacon in a row on the cookie sheet and bake in the over for about 20 minutes or to your desired crispiness.
Remove from pan and place on a plate lined with paper towel. When the aluminum is cool, just wad up and throw away! (Easy isn't it?? and the pan should be clean! )
While your bacon cooks, make your scrambled eggs by cracking the eggs into a medium size bowl. Add the milk, the dash (or two) of hot sauce, Salt and Pepper (I never measure the salt and pepper, I just shake the salt 4 or 5 times and the same with the pepper). Whisk this mixture until the ingredients are all incorporated and yellow.
Heat a large skillet over high heat. When the pan is hot, spray generously with a non-stick cooking spray and pour in your egg mixture (this should sizzle pretty good) Sprinkle on the cheese, and turn your heat to a medium heat. Let the egg sit for a few seconds to start cooking on the bottom, then stir.
Keep letting it cook for a few seconds and stirring until when stirred it doesn't come together in the pan. (Also remember you don't stir it while it's cooking, you let it cook a few seconds, then stir so it's lumpy like the above picture.)
When it looks like this........
turn the heat completely off, stirring occasionally until your eggs look like this....
             now serve along side your perfectly cooked bacon and fresh fruit! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...