Wednesday, November 16, 2016
The Best Homemade White Bread EVER
click here for recipe site
2 cups warm water
2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1/2 TB sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1 Tablespoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
5-7 cups of bread flour, white or wheat will work too (can use more if needed) all purpose flour is ok to use too.. that's what I had
1 TB shortening--to grease loaf pans (I use non-stick cooking spray)
1 TB butter (to top bread)
1. Place the yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Pour the warm water (not too hot) over the yeast mixture and let it sit for 15-20 minutes, or until nice and bubbly.
2. Combine melted butter, sugar, evaporated milk and salt into a large mixing bowl. When your yeast mixture is ready add them together and mix.
3. If you are using a stand mixer put on your bread hook and then pour in 3 cups of flour. If not you can stir/kneed it as well. Then add in 1 cup of flour at a time and mix. When you get to 5 cups of flour in the bowl, add in 1/2 cup more of flour at a time until the dough is no longer sticking to the sides. You'll know it's ready when your fingers no longer stick to the dough.
4. Then cover the ball of dough and sides of the bowl with shortening and cover the bowl with a warm towel. Set by the window and allow it it rise (approx 1.5 hours). When it has risen over the bowl punch it down and place on a floured surface.
5. Kneed the dough for 2-3 minutes.
6. Cut dough into two pieces and roll them out into a rectangle. Roll the dough up and place into 2 greased bread pans.
7. Let the bread rise again, and when it looks like a good loaf of bread place them in the oven at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. When the bread is done, cool for 5 minutes then rub the top with butter and remove onto a cooling rack.
I love tacos. My hubby and I thought it would be awesome to see if we could do a meatless Monday and Portabella mushrooms have a grea...
I am re-posting this recipe as I have tweaked it just a bit. I decided adding the cinnamon to the milk isn't the best thing to do, it...
I LOVE the Spaghetti Factory... I have lots of fun memories of going there with my sisters when I was younger and then again with my daugh...
I LOVE the crunchy chicken burritos you get at Taco Time, I was craving them and just had to get one for lunch the other day! YUM! While I w...