We loved this and I'll definitely make it again and again.
Pad Thai Egg Roll Bowl
yield: 4 SERVINGS prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES total time: 25 MINUTES
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 2 1/2 Tbs low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chile-garlic paste
- 8 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 bunch (about 6) of green onions, chopped (whites only, save the chopped greens for the topping!)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chile-garlic paste
- 2 Tbs low-sodium soy sauce
- black pepper
- 14-16 oz of bagged coleslaw mix
- chopped greens onions (the leftover green part from above)
- Cashews, toasted (toast in 350 degree oven on a cookie sheet for aprox. 7 minutes.)
- lime wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chile-paste and honey. Remove 2 Tbs and set aside. Whisk the cornstarch into the remaining sauce.
- In a small pan, scramble your eggs over medium-low heat, then set aside and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Spray a large saute pan with olive oil cooking spray and heat to medium heat. Cook the whites of the green onions until softened, then add the garlic and the ground turkey. Season the ground turkey with some black pepper, a teaspoon or 2 chile-garlic paste and add 2 Tbs of soy sauce to the pan. Break up the meat with your spatula as it browns.
- Once the turkey is fully cooked, add the coleslaw mix and the 2 Tbs of sauce that you had set aside earlier (the portion without the cornstarch) and cook, stirring, until heated through. Add the remaining sauce (the portion with the cornstarch) and the eggs and cook until the coleslaw mix has just slightly wilted. I like to transfer it to a serving dish so it doesn't continue to cook.
- Serve with lime wedges (I love that extra squeeze of lime at the end!), the greens of the green onions, cashews, and cilantro.