Friday, March 8, 2013

Death by Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

If you love chocolate you will LOVE these cookies! These are a really deep chocolaty cookie that will satisfy any chocolate craving you may have. I also love the fact that there are peanut butter chips in these, I love peanut butter and chocolate together. I found the original recipe here but I tweaked it a bit, I needed the extra Tablespoon of flour for my dough. I didn't chill it either, there is soooo much melted chocolate in this recipe, it gets really stiff very fast and is hard to scoop so I didn't think I needed to chill it. Also I doubled the peanut butter chips and used a whole package rather than just one cup. I like my cookies to have LOTS of chips. They were really awesome...especially still warm from the oven with a glass of milk! YUMMO!

Death by Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Makes 2 dozen cookies.
Ingredients:
1 cup + 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour (if your batter is really gooey add 1 more Tablespoon of flour)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (I used 1 8-oz box of Bakers Semi-sweet chocolate)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 Tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup semi-sweet  chocolate chips (or milk chocolate chips would be good too)
1 package peanut butter chips

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium size bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Melt the 8 ounces of chocolate in the microwave for about 1 minute. Stir. Continue to melt in 15 second increments until fully melted and smooth. Set aside.
With an electric or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter until smooth and creamy – about 1 minute. Beat in the sugars, scraping down the sides every 10 seconds or so. The mixture will be granular.
Next add the eggs and vanilla, and mix until incorporated. Add the chocolate in a steady stream and beat until combined. Add the dry ingredients on slow speed. Fold in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Do not over mix.
Scoop about 2 Tbsp of dough and roll into a ball (or I like to use my small cookie dough scooper, it looks like a small ice cream scoop, that way I don't have to roll into balls and get gooey hands). Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies have just begun to set with the centers still appearing very soft. They will firm up as they cool.
Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I suggest eating a couple of cookies while still warm with a glass of milk!! SOOOOOOOO good!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I am so excited to try these! I need to make these today, I am craving chocolate and peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really should!! they are sooooooo gooood and sooooooo chocolaty! :)

    ReplyDelete

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...