Saturday, February 8, 2014

Oatmeal Chocolate and Cinnamon Chip Cookies

The cookies are awesome!! I got this recipe from my sister in Arizona. Not sure where she got this recipe, but I wondered why have I not thought to put cinnamon chips in Oatmeal cookies before??? Delicious!! I also borrowed the picture above from my niece, I ate all mine without taking a picture and hers were sooo pretty. These are a chewy-crispy oatmeal cookie with milk chocolate chips and Cinnamon chips...Perfect for a snowy afternoon with a glass of milk and a good scrabble game! Enjoy!

Oatmeal Chocolate and Cinnamon Chip Cookies
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick baking spray.
In a large bowl, sift or whisk together 1-1/2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon salt; set aside.
Mix together 1 cup softened butter, 1 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Mix until creamy and fluffy (about 3 minutes) Then add 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla, mix until fully incorporated.
Now slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture; mixing until incorporated. Then stir in 3 cups oatmeal, 1 cup milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup cinnamon chips (mine was more like 3/4 cups)
Drop by tablespoons (or roll into balls) on prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a minute on cookie sheet, then move to cooling rack or a napkin and ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...