Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Improved Chocolate Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I tweaked this recipe just a bit. I still have the original recipe on my blog  (very first cookie recipe I ever posted) but I'm posting this with my tweaks. I took these cookies to my office on my last day there (moving offices) and they loved them. I think it's the butter rum extract that just added that yummo flavor. Enjoy!!

IMPROVED CHOCOLATE OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Cream together:
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
Add:
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 teaspoon butter rum extract
Mix well.

Whisk together in a separate bowl:
1 cup of flour
1/4 cup dark cocoa powder ( I use a good dark dutch cocoa powder)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Add to chocolate mixture, and mix well.

Stir in:
1 cup of quick Quaker oats
1 to 2 cups chocolate Chips (depending how chocolaty you want them) I use half semi-sweet chocolate chips and half milk chocolate chips.
 Drop by tablespoons full onto greased  or parchment lined cookie sheet and flatten just a bit with your fingers. Bake in 350 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes!! Enjoy!!

1 comment:

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...