Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Creamy Mushroom Fontina Pasta

I love pasta... one weekend I was craving mushrooms and pasta. I ran across this recipe here and had to give it a try. It was delish... I did substitute and change things according to the ingredients I had on hand but we loved it. I served mine with grilled chicken and sauteed garden beans YUMMO! 

Creamy Mushroom Fontina Pasta
INGREDIENTS:
10 ounces dried wide pasta (I used Bowtie pasta)
1/2 butter, divided
20 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
½ cup finely chopped shallots (about 2 large shallots) or green onions work
⅓ cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
1 teaspoon salt
8 ounces Fontina cheese, diced small (I used Mozzarella cheese since I had that on hand)
½ cup chopped parsley ( or 1 Tablespoon dried parsley)
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Cook the pasta until al dente, according to the package directions. Drain and reserve ¾ cup of the cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute half of the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes; transfer to a plate. Repeat with 2 tablespoons butter and the remaining mushrooms, transferring them to the plate with the rest of the mushrooms.
3. Add the shallots to skillet and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms back to the skillet, along with the wine (or chicken broth); cook until the wine is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the reserved cooking liquid and bring to a boil. Stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons butter and season with 1 teaspoon salt.
4. Reduce the heat to low and add the cooked pasta, cheese and parsley, tossing with the sauce until the pasta is coated and the cheese starts melting. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...