Sunday, May 15, 2016

Roasted Chickpeas

I have been trying to eat better and healthier since I have lost weight. I saw this recipe on Pinterest the other day and had to give it a try. These are delicious... remind me of those almost popped kernels of pop corn that I love. You can season these anyway you like. Would make a nice little snack while watching a movie. YUM!

Roasted Chickpeas
1 or 2 cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
olive oil
spices of your choice (I used smokey paprika, cayenne pepper and salt)

Directions:
After rinsing the chick peas, pour them onto a paper towel lined pan, and pat them off with another paper towel. Get them as dry as you can. I put mine in a large mixing bowl after they were dry.
Drizzle with about a Tablespoon or two of olive oil and toss to coat. Then sprinkle with your choice of seasonings, I put about 1/4 teaspoon of paprika, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne and a few dashes of salt. I only did one can of chick peas, adjust seasonings to your desired taste. Toss to coat with seasoning then pour your chickpeas onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
PLACE YOUR PAN OF CHICK PEAS INTO A COLD OVEN. Then turn the heat to 425 and let roast for about 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown--Stirring them every 10 minutes. Turn off oven and let the chick peas sit in there for another half an hour. Remove from oven and let cool comepletely. Store in zip loc baggie or storage container.... if you don't eat them first.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...