Monday, January 7, 2019

Cranberry Relish

Every year I buy the jelly cranberry sauce since my husband loves it. This year I saw this recipe on The Kitchen on the food network and it looked simple enough so I thought I would try it. (I did have a can of the jelly stuff just-in-case.) But oh my goodness this stuff was devine...I don't think I will buy cranberry sauce anymore.
Enjoy!

 Cranberry Relish

1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced
1 cup sugar 
1/2 cup Cointreau or Grand Marnier orange liqueur
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 
Grated zest of 1 lemon 
Grated zest of 1 orange 



  1. Combine the Cranberries, apple, sugar, orange liqueur  1/2 cup water, the cinnamon, and cloves, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the cranberries start to pop, and slightly thickened. About 10-15 minutes . Remove from the heat, stir in the grated zests, and chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...