Sunday, January 30, 2022

Ranch Dressing



 It’s been a while since I have posted a recipe. We decided to try the Keto Diet this passed year which evolved into low carb eating. My hubby lost a lot of weight  and I seem to roller coaster up and down but still weigh less than I did a few years ago. Also working out helps....Love the way  I feel after I workout.

Anyway, our meals have been mostly clean eating,  meaning meat and steamed or roasted veggies and salads which don’t require a lot of recipes.... but, we have been watching our sugar intake and ingredients you can’t pronounce so I have started reading food labels. I can't believe how much sugar is in food these days and oils that aren’t that good for you. With that, I have started making my own ranch dressing. LOVE this recipe. I use an avocado mayonnaise and whole fat plain Greek yogurt. Sometimes I spice it up a bit by using a chipotle Avocado mayonnaise. I won’t buy Ranch dressing anymore.. I use this ranch for Salad dressing, and Coleslaw for sandwiches or tacos. You can always add more spice for a Southwest dressing or what ever you like. This recipe seems to thicken a bit in the refrigerator, you can leave it thick for a veggie dip or thin out a little by adding more half n half to your desired thickness. Enjoy!

Ranch Dressing

3/4 cup Avocado mayonnaise (I use Primal Kitchen)

3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt

1-2 teaspoons lemon juice

2 teaspoons dried parsley

1 teaspoon dried chives

1 teaspoon dried dill 

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon onion powdered

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 cup buttermilk (or 1/2 n 1/2 works too —just use 2 teaspoons lemon juice if using )

In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until smooth. You can thin out if you like by adding a little regular milk or 1/2 n 1/2 to your desired thickness.

Refrigerate for a least an hour to let the flavors develope. I like to store mine in a canning jar in the fridge... then if I need to thin out I just add a spoonful or two of milk or cream and shake...


No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...