Friday, December 9, 2011

Creamy Mashed Potatoes

I watched a Thanksgiving Throw Down on the Food Network between The Pioneer Woman and Bobbie Flay before Thanksgiving. The Pioneer Woman made her mashed potatoes like this and they looked sooooo good I had to give them a try for our Thanksgiving dinner... my husband gets annoyed that I experiment on him AND on a Holiday, but we weren't dissappointed, they were delicious!! You can go here for the original recipe, I followed it pretty much the same only I downsized it for my family. It was delicious and they are good with or without gravy!

Creamy Mashed Potatoes
6 medium sized potatoes, washed and peeled
6 Tablespoons Butter, softened
4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup half and half,  (or you can use regular milk)
1/4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt (or more to taste)
1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper (or more to taste)

Cut your washed and peeled potatoes onto pieces, try to have the pieces all about the same size so they cook evenly. Add the potatoes to a large pot of water, and add a dash or two of salt. Bring to a boil,a nd let cook for 20 to 30 minutes. (Cooking time depends on the size of the pieces of the potatoe) They are done when they are fork tender and just start to fall apart a little.
Drain the potatoes, and place back into your pot. (I like to put my pot back on the stove on the warm burner, but be sure it's off)
Mash potatoes with a potatoe masher, then add 4 Tablespoons butter, cream cheese, 1/4 cup half and half,  seasoned salt and pepper, mash a bit more. Taste at this point and add more Lawry's or Pepper if desired. Also if potatoes are really thick add 2 or 3 more Tablespoons Half and half. Then I like to whip mine with my hand held electric beaters for a minute.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spoon your potatoes into a medium sized baking dish. Add a few more pats of butter (I use the other 2 Tablespoons cut up) on the top and bake in the oven until the potatoes are warmed through and the butter melts. (they puff slightly too)
Serve and enjoy!
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...