Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

This recipe is on the Libby's Pumpkin cans but I thought I would post this recipe just in case they quit putting it there. It's the recipe I always use for my Holiday Pumpkin pies, I have tried a few others, but I keep coming back to this one! I did make home made whipped cream and added a little cinnamon in it! Yummo-homemade whipped cream is always better than the canned or frozen stuff!!!!

Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 can (12 fl. oz.)  Evaporated Milk

1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
Whipped cream (see recipe below)

MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
POUR into pie shell. (remember to use a Deep Dish Pie shell, other wise you will have some filling left over.
BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes.  (I cover the edge of my crust with aluminum foil for the first half and hour so it doesn't burn)
Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.

Whipped Cream
1-1/2 cups Heavy cream
1/3 to 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

I chill the bowl to my mixer and the beaters in the freezer for 30 mins. before whipping the cream, this makes it whipfaster.
Pour your cream into the chilled mixing bowl, and beat on high for a few minutes or until stiff peaks form when the beaters are lifted out and they stay there. (watch this close, you don't want to make butter)
Then add the powdered sugar, Vanilla, and cinnamon, whip together just to incorporate the sugar and flavorings.
You can top your pie with whipped cream before serving by putting into a decorator bag and making whatever design you desire on top (like I did) and then garnish with a light sprinkle of cinnamon or put a dollop of whipped cream on each piece when serving!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...