Saturday, August 28, 2010

Another Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!


I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I know I have a recipe on here already, but I ran across this recipe on the food network and it was slightly different than mine. I liked the texture a little better than my other recipe. Both are good, this one just seemed more like the cookies we used to bake at the Bakery I worked at. I think I ate 3 while still warm... reminds me of autumn!! Enjoy!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, softened (brought to room temperature)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 or 3 cups MILK chocolate chips (I used 3 cups) can't have enough chocolate
nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray or line them with parchment paper. (I use parchment paper, cookies bake a little better, don't get a ridge of spray around the edges)

Using a mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Beat in the sugars, a little at a time, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, then mix in the vanilla, and pumpkin puree. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Slowly beat the flour mixture into the batter in thirds. Stir in the chips. Scoop the cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, depending on your oven. Mine took about 12 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly browned around the edges. Remove from oven and let rest a couple of minutes on the cookies sheets before removing to a cooling rack, (or plate, or napkin or your mouth like I did! :o)
Enjoy!! yum-a-lishious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...