Sunday, August 1, 2010

Indian Tacos

What can I say, I love tacos. I had my Young Women's leaders over for scones the other night and had a lot of dough left over, so this is what I did with it! Yummo!

Indian Tacos

1 to 2 pounds hamburger
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 taco seasoning packet
1/2 cup enchilada sauce (this is optional, I just had some leftover I needed to use)
Scone dough (see my recipe for scones)
Chipotle sourcream--recipe to follow
lettuce
grated cheese
pico de gallo (see my recipe under mexican dishes)
guacamole

Brown hamburger with diced onion and garlic. When browned, drain off fat. Add black beans and taco seasoning (I mixed the seasoning with 1/4 cup water) Let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. I added about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce that I had leftover from when I made enchiladas too.
Heat oil in a heavy skillet or fryer. Take about a golf ball size lump of scone dough. On a floured surface, roll the dough out as thin as possible. When oil is hot, fry scone till browned on both sides. It puffs a little so it's important to roll out as flat as you can get it before frying.
To assemble tacos, spread a thin layer of Chipotle sourcream on a scone, then add a couple spoonfulls of taco meat. Next, add grated cheese, lettuce,  pico de gallo, and guacamole.
Yum!!

Chipotle Sour cream
1/2 cup sour cream
1 chipotle pepper with a spoonful of adobo sauce (the canned ones)
1 teaspoon lime juice
a dash of salt and pepper

Mash the chipotle pepper up with a fork. Then mix together with sourcream, lime juice and salt and pepper.
Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...