Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"Ghoul"ash" or after Halloween "Chili-mac"

This is a yummy skillet dinner that I always have called Goulash or since it's Halloween "Ghoul"ash. Whatever you call it, it's easy and my kids always liked it. This recipe came out of my Better Homes and Garden cookbook, and of course I tweaked it a bit for my taste.

Goulash or Chili-Mac

1  1/2 pounds ground beef
1 medium onion diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1- 15oz. can diced tomatoes (don't drain, need the juice so the macaroni will cook)
1- 8oz. can tomatoe sauce
1-15 oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup elbow macaroni
1-4oz. can diced green chili's
2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup grated cheese (I like colby jack or pepper jack)

In a large skillet, cook beef and onions until meat is brown and onions are tender. Drain off fat.
Stir in garlic, tomato sauce, tomatoes, beans, uncooked macaroni, green chili's, chili powder, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover with lid, and simmer for 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender; stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let sit for about 2 minutes more or until cheese melts.

Makes about 6 servings.
I like to serve with steamed veggies and warm french bread. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. That looks warm and yummy for before trick-or-treating!

    We made your pumpkin spice popcorn yesterday and it was heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be careful with the pumpkin spice popcorn.... it's addicting!!

    ReplyDelete

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...