Sunday, September 11, 2011

Peanut Butter Popcorn

The other day, Sunday to be exact.... I was canning beans (so I could go to the Eastern Idaho State Fair on the Holiday, instead of staying at home and canning beans) anyway.... while I was in the kitchen watching the pressure cooker I was craving something.... I wanted popcorn but still wanted something sweet. Then I remembered one time for a Young Women's get together, my friend Katy brought Peanut butter popcorn, and when I asked her for the recipe it was the exact same peanut butter stuff I put on my rice crispie treats. So I thought 'why not give it a try!' So I did. This was YUMMO!! but filling as my husband said, so I recommend eating it while warm with lots of friends helping you. It's better while warm and gooey! YUMMO!

Peanut Butter Popcorn

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup creamy peanut butter
Dash of salt

1 big bowl popped popcorn, (maybe about 16 cups) unpopped kernels removed.

In a large saucepan combine the sugar and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a good boil. Remove from heat and add peanut butter and Dash of salt(I don't add  salt to my rice crispie treats but I figured with popcorn you needed a dash of salt) stir until peanut butter is all melted and mixture is smooth.  Pour over the popped popcorn and toss until all the popcorn is coated with the peanut butter mixture. Eat while still warm and gooey....Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...