Thursday, August 9, 2012

my version of Taco Bell's Nacho Crunch Burrito

Don't you hate it when a fast food place comes up with something you love, in fact you crave it late at night or at lunch when you're starving at work...only to remove it from their menu after a short time?? I do..and that is what happened  to me with the Nacho Crunch Burrito at Taco Bell. While I was trying to make myself think that what I really wanted was the Crunch Wrap instead of the beloved Burrito I was craving, I thought ' I bet I could make them at home, I just needed hamburger, tortilla's, a cheese sauce, and crunchy tortilla chips or strips and I would have it!" So that's what I did! and I wasn't disappointed at all! I think mine were even better! Take that Taco Bell!! Enjoy....

Di's version of Taco Bell's  "Nacho Crunch Burrito"

1 to 2 pounds Hamburger (the amount depends on how many burritos you need, I did about 1-1/2 lbs)
1/2 cup chopped onion
Taco Seasoning (or a mixture of onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, Chili powder, and chipotle powder)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 (15 oz) can Rico's Gourmet! Nacho Cheddar Cheese Sauce (found in the Mexican food aisle at most Grocery Stores--see pic below)
1 pkge. "Fresh Gourmet" Tortilla Strips (Found in the salad section of most groceries, they come in a few different flavors)
10 Burrito size Flour Tortillas

In a large skillet over medium heat, brown your hamburger and chopped onion. When Hamburger is almost done, drain grease and season with Taco seasoning, or what seasonings you desire. Let cook for about 5 more minutes so flavors mix.
Meanwhile, heat your Nacho Cheese sauce in a small Saucepan over medium low heat until it's warmed through.


                           I LOVE this cheese sauce!
















Heat your tortilla's in another large skillet over medium high heat, warming each tortilla for 2 or 3 minutes until warm and bubbly on one side and then flipping over--this should take 2-3 minutes total not for each side. Place warmed tortilla in between 2 kitchen towels on a plate to keep warm.
When ready to make burritos, take 1 tortilla, place a couple of spoonfuls of meat down the center, then a spoonful or two of the cheese, then sprinkle the crispy tortilla strips down the middle...
Fold in both ends, then starting at one side, fold over tucking over the filling and roll into a burrito! Enjoy!
I served mine with Mexican rice, black beans, and crispy garden veggies.
Also, feel free to add more toppings, I liked mine like this, but you could add salsa, chopped tomatoes, diced lettuce, guacamole, or chopped avocados.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...