Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Krispie Treats


I am re-posting this recipe because I made it for a Young Men activity last week and put Christmas Sprinkles in it instead of the Candy corn since it was a Christmas Activity. Turned out cute! AND way yummy, if you haven't tried this recipe make some today to share with your kids! It's awesome!
There are a lot of different recipes for Rice Krispie treats out there. I thought a pumpkin spice Rice Krispie treat sounded awesome since I LOVE my Pumpkin Spice Popcorn. I found one recipe that had canned pumpkin in the recipe and gave it a try, but ended up throwing it out. It had a different flavor and the rice krispies got soggy even though I drained my pumpkin to get the moisture out of it. There were also a lot of variations of this recipe but this is what I came up with. Here's a warning though, you just might eat the whole pan! They are amazing and the perfect treat for this time of year! Enjoy!

Pumpkin Spice Krispie Treats

4 Tablespoons butter
1-16 oz. package Marshmallows (large or small it doesn't matter)
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 cups Crispy Rice cereal
1 cup candy corn  (I used the Caramel flavored candy corn) OR for Christmas, use 1/4  cup Christmas Sprinkles

Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, measure your rice crispy cereal and the candy corns (OR Christmas sprinkles). Set aside.
In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat and add the marshmallows. Continue to stir over medium low heat until the marshmallows are completely melted.
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice.
Next, pour in the Rice Crispie ceral and candy corns (OR Christmas sprinkles) . Stir until completely coated. Don't worry if the sprinkles tend to melt a bit, makes them look festive I think!
Pour mixture into your prepared dish, using a buttered spatula evenly press the cereal down so it fills the pan and is smooth on top. The picture below is what mine looked like with the candy corns for Autumn time. The above picture had the Christmas sprinkles for my Christmas activity.
 Let cool and cut into squares! Enjoy! (As you can see I didn't let mine cool before I had to taste them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...