Saturday, January 2, 2016

Cinnamon Syrup

I am reposting this recipe.. I made it again Christmas day and it was the consistency of camel snot...LOL. I decided to try without the flour. MUCH better. Enjoy!

After Christmas, while trying out my new Waffle iron, I decided I needed to find a Cinnamon Syrup recipe... I love Cinnamon and it just seemed like there should be a Cinnamon syrup to go with my waffles. I ran across a few recipes for Cinnamon syrup on random Internet sites, and looked them over, then took what I liked from some of them and made up my own. This one turned out YUMMO! and on a Hot Waffle on a Cold winter day it warms you right up! Enjoy!

Cinnamon Syrup
1 cup granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons butter
In a small saucepan, whisk together your sugar, salt, and cinnamon. (you could sift together just to make sure you don't have any lumps of flour).
Add the water, and stir to combine. Cook  and stir over medium/high heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Turn the heat down slightly and let boil until thickened slightly. (this takes about 3 to 5 minutes)
Remove from heat and add the vanilla and butter; stirring to combine and melt the butter.
Serve over pancakes, waffles or french toast! YUMMO!
This is what I woke up to that prompted me to make Waffles w/cinnamon syrup....

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...