Sunday, February 10, 2013

Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies (tastes just like an Orange Milano, but better!)

I LOVE those Pepperidge Farm Orange Milano cookies! They remind me of when I shared an apartment with my sister before I was married, and we'd splurge and get those all the time!! I think I could eat a whole package! I had tried a copy cat version of Orange Milano cookies, but after wasting 2 or 3 hours trying to make them and using 7 egg whites and not to mention butter and chocolate chips I ended up throwing them away. The texture was chewy and they were really flavorless. THEN!!! one day browsing pinterest and multiple recipe sites I found this recipe here ( I LOVE this recipe blog by the way)  and I HAD to give this recipe a try... and WOW! they taste just like Orange Milano cookies only better!!! because after all, they are a chocolate chip cookie. And who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies!!! You definitely need to try this recipe out! YUMMO! (I ate all my cookies before I remembered I hadn't taken a picture of them, so I borrowed the one from the original recipe.) My dough was a little dry so I also added a couple of Tablespoons of fresh squeezed Orange juice, it helped and just enhanced the Orange flavor I think.

Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies (tastes just like an Orange Milano, but better!)
Yield: 4 dozen
Ingredients:
3- 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 -1/2 teaspoons orange extract
1 Tablespoon orange zest
1 Tablespoon orange juice (IF the dough is dry, if it's a good consistency leave out)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in eggs 1 at a time mixing after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract, orange extract and orange zest. Slowly add in dry mixture and mix until well incorporated. Add a Tablespoon or 2 of juice from the orange if your dough is on the dry side, mine was a little. I think it adds a little more orange flavor.
 Gently stir in milk chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Drop cookies by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a buttered or parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.


 recipe adapted from http://www.cookingclassy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...