Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Soft Baked Peanut Butter Toffee Cookies

No, I didn't fall off the edge of the earth.... Summer is just a busy time of the year don't you think? I got to go to Girl's Camp this year, and then I got to throw a bridal shower for my niece with my lovely daughter. I did get time to bake some cookies though. I found this recipe here and had to give it a try. The only thing I did different was add a cup of Peanut Butter chips to the dough along with the toffee chips!... love those. Oh, and I used creamy peanut butter as that is what I like best, but feel free to use chunky if that's what you have. These were heaven in a cookie if you ask me. I LOVE peanut butter. Use the Heath Toffee chips so they have a little chocolate with them. I took my leftover cookies to Girl's camp and they didn't last long. Be sure to eat warm from the oven with a big glass of milk. Yummo!!!

Soft Baked Peanut Butter Toffee Cookies

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose  flour
  • 3/4 cup toffee bits 
  • 1 cup peanut butter chips

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper and set aside.
Cream butters and sugars together until light and fluffy. Stir in egg and vanilla. Scrape sides and mix again. Whisk the flour and baking soda together in  a separate bowl, then mix into the butter mixture until just combined. Stir in toffee bits and peanut butter chips by hand. Scoop 8 dough balls onto baking sheet leaving lots of room around each cookie to expand. Press down cookie dough balls using a fork. Bake 7-8 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 3 minutes and then remove to cooling rack. Serve immediately or store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
*I used a 1 1/2 tablespoon size cookie scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...