Sunday, June 30, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Happy Fourth of July everyone! What are you making for your 4th of July BBQ this year? Usually I do ribs and salads... or Pulled Pork Sandwiches and Smokey Mac and Cheese..... I usually have a LOT of family in my back yard and it's been fun. After we eat, we usually play games, have face painting for the kids, visit and have a great family party. We even light our own fireworks..... but my family has grown. I am 7 of nine children and each of my brothers and sisters are getting lots of grandchildren and their families have grown.
So this year we all decided to do our own 4th of July Barbecues
I am having my wonderful mother-in-law and my parents will be here, and both of my kids will be home. Andrew is even bringing 5 of his roomies home. I may have a brother and sister come that don't have any kids coming home so my party will be a little smaller but fun.
I'm going to switch things up a knotch and have a taco bar this year..... with pulled Pork and pineapple salsa tacos and Pico de Gallo and Guacamole. I might make some Cilantro ColeslawRe fried Beans and Mexican Rice... and maybe have sliced watermelon and other fruits and a veggie plate. For dessert nothing is more American than root beer floats and I think I'll make Apple Crisp with ice cream and Carmel drizzled over the top... How does that sound?? I think YUMMO!
Whatever you cook, have a fun day and enjoy your family and be safe.
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...