Monday, August 26, 2013

7-up Biscuits


I know this recipe is all over pinterest.... that's where I found it and I borrowed the picture because I forgot to take a picture of mine until after we had eaten them..... Sorry. LOVE these! I didn't have 7-up but I had a Mountain Dew and it's a citrus soda so I gave it a shot. Still good!! These are sooo fluffy and moist ! I served mine cut in half and then spooned a couple of spoonfuls of beef stew(recipe here) over the top! YUMMMO! Just what I was craving!! It feels like fall with school supplies back in the stores and kids going off to school, and my garden is exploding with fresh veggies.... so I just had to make stew. 
Give these biscuits a try... you'll love 'em.

7-Up Biscuits
4 cups Bisquick + more for sprinkling the counter top.
1 cup sour cream
1 cup 7-UP
1/2 cup butter, melted
Directions:
Preheat oven to 425. Melt your butter and set aside.
In a large bowl mix the Bisquick and Sour cream together until just combined. Then add your 7-Up and stir until the 7-up is incorporated--don't worry, this is supposed to be a very soft-gooey dough.
Pour your melted butter in a 9x13 baking dish.
Sprinkle counter top with about 1/4 cup or so of Bisquick. Pour dough onto county top, and dust your hands with Bisquick. Press dough out on the counter until it's about the size of your baking dish. Cut into squares and place each dough square into the baking dish. (this keeps the dough in separate squares when you go to serve them even though they are touching in the pan.)
Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.

**This recipe is easy to half if you don't need  this many biscuits. Just put them in a 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...