Monday, December 16, 2013

Cocoa Kiss Cookies


I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe yet! It's been a favorite of mine for a long time! I used to make these at Christmas time every year when my kids were little. We always made 8 to 10 different kinds of cookies and bars and take plates to neighbors and send baskets to family living far away. How did I ever find time for all of that??? Anyway, if you are making cookies for Christmas treats, these are a good one to try. LOVE 'em! You could make with any kind/ flavor of Hershey's kisses, I usually use the kisses with Almonds, but I've used the Hugs,  and caramel kisses would be yummo, oh and maybe even the peppermint ones! Enjoy!

Cocoa Kiss Cookies
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup chopped pecans
1 (9 ounce) bag milk chocolate candy kisses (I like to use the ones with almonds in the middle too sometimes)
1 cup powdered sugar (for coating when done)






DIRECTIONS:
1.In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour and cocoa, add to the flour mixture, mix until all of the flour is absorbed. Finally, stir in the pecans. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 1/2 an hour.
2.Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unwrap chocolate kisses. Mold about 1 tablespoon of dough around each chocolate kiss. Place 1- 1/2 inches apart onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
3.Bake for 10 - 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until set. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Roll cooled cookies in powdered sugar.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...