Wednesday, January 22, 2014

White Chili

Jim found this recipe on WebMD and requested I make it. It was an easy delicious White chili recipe and didn't take very long at all. I made it just like the recipe only I added an extra cup of water, I thought it needed a bit more broth. I served mine with fresh cornbread on the side. Enjoy!

White Chili
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1- 1/2 cups chopped Onion
2-4oz cans chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried cumin
1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3-15oz cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
4 cups chicken broth
1 or 2 cups water (depending on how brothy you like it
4 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1-2 Tablespoons cider vinegar (I added 1)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sour cream (optional)
Grated Cheese for topping

Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in chiles, oregano, cumin and cayenne. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in beans, broth and water; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Add chicken and vinegar; cook for 5 minutes more. Serve.
Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and grated cheese for toppings
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...