Monday, February 20, 2017

Prosciutto Egg Cups

I love these little egg cups.... fancy but way easy!! I made them for Valentines day and formed my red pepper into a heart (see pic at bottom of recipe) or just place the pepper strips on randomly for any weekend brunch!  I found the original recipe here, pretty much followed as written except I used chopped parsley instead of chives... I never have chives on hand. I also halved the original recipe since it made 12 egg cups... double this if you need more than six! Enjoy!

Prosciutto Egg Cups
  • 1 o 2 Tablespoons roasted red peppers (sliced from a jar)
  • Non-stick cooking spray
  • 6 slices thinly sliced prosciutto
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 Tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
  • Salt and pepper
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray 6 cups in a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. Line each muffin cup with 1 slice of prosciutto, cutting or folding in half if necessary to fit evenly into the pan.
  3. Crack an egg into each cup, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 7 minutes
  4. Remove from the oven and sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of parmesan cheese on top of each egg. Lay a couple roasted red pepper strips along with a few sprinkles of parsley on top. Return to the oven for another 7 minutes. This makes a set but runny egg... if you like yours firmer bake a little longer.
  5. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.  Serve and enjoy!
    you can also form the pepper strips into a heart. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...