Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bran Muffins

I love muffins and yogurt for Breakfast. My mom used to make these almost every Saturday when I was young. I love mine with butter and honey!


Bran Muffins

2 cups All-Bran Cereal
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
1/4 cup oil

1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Soak Bran cereal in bowl with milk for about 5 minutes. While cereal is soaking, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in another bowl, whisk together, set aside. Combine oil and egg together.
When cereal is softened with milk, add the egg and oil and stir. Add dry ingredients to the cereal mixture and stir until just comibined.
Drop by spoonfuls into greased muffin tin, I fill tins about 3/4's full. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown!
Serve warm with butter and honey if desired. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...