Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Spaghetti and Meatballs

I love this meatball recipe!! It's yummo!! I found it on the food network, but I added the parmesan cheese to the meatballs, gives them just a bit more flavor. And instead of frying the meatballs, I place mine on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven, less splattering and easier. I used the marinara sauce recipe posted before this one, it was yummo!!!

Spaghetti and Meatballs

MEATBALLS:
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup onion, chopped (in the pics, I used green onions, I needed to use them up, but usuall I use regular onions)
2 eggs
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt
Pepper

Prepared Marinara sauce (see earlier post or you can use your favorite Marinara sauce)
Spaghetti noodles

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In large bowl combine beef, onion, eggs and bread crumbs. Season with oregano, basil, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well.  I dump the mixture out onto a sheet of wax paper. Pat into a rectangle about an inch thick. Then cut into rows both lenghwise and width-wise (is that even a word?)

Each square should be enough for about a golf-ball size meatball--Form meatballs and place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

 Cook meatballs in oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. Until browned and juices run clear.
Remove from oven.
While meatballs are baking, cook spaghetti noodles according to package, and drain (reserve about a cup of pasta water to thin marinara sauce  as needed if at all)
In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the marinara sauce, when meatballs are done add to sauce along with noodles, toss to combine. Let simmer for a minute or two. (if your sauce is too thick you can add a spoonful or two of the pasta water.)
Serve individually, and garnish with more Parmesan cheese.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Thanks for all the great recipes. I just got hamburger out to thaw and this would be perfect tonight. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Didi, I just had to tell you how much we loved this last night! I've never made meatballs before and my kids gobbled them up! The marinara sauce was delicious too. Thanks!!! I can't wait to eat the left overs for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh good! I'm so glad you liked it! I love this meatball recipe.

    ReplyDelete

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...