Saturday, February 12, 2011

My version of Pizza Bites (or tootie patoodles as Sarah called them) :o)

I've been experimenting with appetizers that we could make at Sarah's wedding reception, but the more I experiment, I think I'll get a caterer... I could do it, but it would be a lot of work, so I think I'll let someone else do the work for a change. BUT these pizza rolls were heavenly if I do say so myself! I made them when we got home from church last Sunday, and we were all sooo hungry, that we had eaten them ALL before I had gotten a picture of the finished product... :o(  I got the above picture from Kraftrecipes.com where I got the idea for these and  they looked kind of like mine, they had made a similar Savory Parmesan bite recipe, but with just cream cheese, parmesan, and red peppers. One of the caterer's we were looking at had a stromboli stick on their menu, so that started the idea of how I could alter the kraft recipe into what we would be more like a pizza bite and this is what I came up with. We were trying to come up with a name, I thought of Pizza Bites, or Stromboli bites, but Sarah just said to call them Tootie Patoodles or something like that... Ha-ha!

Di's Pizza Bites
1 package of Pillsbury Large cresent rolls (should be 8 in the package)
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 scant teaspoon dried italian seasoning
2  heaping Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and a little more more sprinkling on top later
a dash or two of salt and papper
1/2 a package of pepperoni slices, diced (I think it was about 3/4 cup after I diced it)
1 small jar of Pizza sauce (you won't use the whole thing, I just keep it in the freezer till I need it again)
Kosher salt (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine the creamcheese, italian seasoning, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Stir. to combine. Then stir in diced pepperoni.

Take two cresent triangles and press slightly to seal seam. You want a rectangle shape. Spoon about two Tablespoons cream cheese filling down the center of rectangle,  then spoon about two smaller spoonfulls of pizza sauce down and ontop of the cream cheese mixture.

 (don't use too much sauce or it will ooze out) Next fold sides over , I folded one side over, then the other, you will have a slight overlapping of the dough then pinch a little to seal.


I rolled mine over so the seam was on the bottom. Then cut roll in half and each piece in half again so you have 4 pieces. Place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper, or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place about 2 inches apart and seam side down. Repeat process until all the roll dough is used. You should have 16 Pizza bites. You might have a little creamcheese mixture leftover, just put in fridge, I used my leftover in a pasta sauce, you didn't even know it was there.

Sprinkle the top with more Parmesan cheese and just a pinch of Kosher salt (if desired).
Bake in hot oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Remove from oven, let cool for about 5 minutes so you don't burn your mouth, and place on serving tray (if you make it that far) and enjoy!! (We devoured ours right from the cookie sheets!!)
I was sad I didn't have a pic of my finished product, but I did take pics while making them. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...