Saturday, February 12, 2011

Potatoe Skins

ok... I did a LOT of cooking last weekend for the Super Bowl. I made Potatoe Skins to go with the Sandwiches I made. I LOVE potatoe skins that you get as appetizers in some restaurants. All the recipes I've found say to bake the potatoe, then cut in half and scoop out the middle for use later, but what do you use it for later??? I think it's a big waste, so this is what I do!! These are my favorite, they taste pretty much like potatoe skin appetizers, but I think they are easier! Yummmo!!!

Di's Potatoe Skins
3 or 4 medium size baking potatoes, uncooked
Olive oil
1 Tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon salt (approximate)
3/4 teasppoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup (appox.) cooked bacon, crumble (or you could use real bacon bits)
1 cups grated cheese
Sour cream for dipping or dolloping!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Wash potatoes, but leave the peel on. Then slice potatoes lengthwise in about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices. Place potatoe slices in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper, stir to combine.
Next drizzle the potatoe wedges with  a good drizzle of olive oil (maybe 2 Tablespoons) toss to coat each slice. Be sure all slices are well covered.
Next sprinkle seasoning mixture over the potatoes, (I sprinkled with 1/2 the mixture, then tossed around again, then sprinkled with remaining seasoning, and tossed again) You want the seasoning all over the slices.
Spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Then place the potatoe slices on the cookie sheet evenly so they are flat and not touching each other too much.
Bake for about 15 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from oven and top with a spoonful of cheese (so the entire slice has sprinkles of cheese). Then add a few of the bacon bits to the top.(See photo above)
Place back in oven and bake for about 3 or 4 minutes longer until cheese is melty.
Remove from oven and serve with sour cream! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...