Sunday, January 27, 2013

Chewy Butterfinger Cookies

I know, I know I wasn't going to eat carbs...especially carbs from sugar and flour. But I had President's Day off work, and I have had baking withdrawals really bad! I just HAD to bake something!! Plus I only ate 1 cookie and then sent the rest with my Hubby to a Youth Activity. I found this recipe on Sally's Baking addiction website, and while I stuck mostly to the recipe I tweaked it by adding some brown sugar instead of all white sugar (makes a chewier cookie) and  the vanilla (LOVE vanilla extract and a cookie without it is just missing something if you ask me) and then of course I added milk chocolate chips. While this recipe was good just with the Butterfingers it needed more chocolate...  I thought maybe next time I make them I may add in Reese's Peanut Butter chips too... YUMMO!! And yes... I only ate just one! once in a while you just have to treat yourself!

Chewy Butterfingers Cookies
adapted from  sallysbakingaddiction.com
makes approx. 2 1/2 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg*
8 fun sized Butterfingers candy bars, chopped (while still in the wrapper I just hit mine a couple of times with my meat mallet, then just open the wrapper and dump in the cookie batter)
1/2 (or slightly more) cup milk chocolate chips (or a mix of milk chocolate and peanut butter chips)

Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl and set aside. With an electric mixer, beat sugars and butter until creamy. Beat in  vanilla extract and egg until just combined.
Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in Butterfingers pieces and chocolate chips by hand. The dough will be very thick. Drop by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet (I lined mine with Parchment paper).
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool and enjoy!

*if dough seems too dry, mix in 1 extra egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...