Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cinnamon Chips

This isn't a recipe but just my opinion. I have quite a few recipes that I like to use Cinnamon Chips in-- I love them. I usually buy Hershey's Cinnamon Chips and have always been happy with them, then I had heard and read that the cinnamon chips you can buy at this store near where I live were supposed to be the best, and have the most cinnamon flavor than any other chips you could buy. It's a store where they sell baking mixes and other flavored chips and kitchen gadgets. I couldn't wait to get there, and last weekend I finally did. I made a carrot cake and got my package of cinnamon chips out to use since it was for a special occasion. Luckily I tasted a few before adding to my cake, and I was soooooooo disappointed. They tasted waxy and not very cinnamony ( I might of just made that word up).... I much prefer Hershey's, they have a bold cinnamon taste and aren't waxy compared to the other ones. Just thought I'd share that, I like using good quality ingredients when I bake, and just wanted to share the results of my taste test. I always find cinnamon chips by the other Hershey's chips down the baking aisle  at most stores and since it's Holiday time, they are easier to find. Happy Baking!!

After I was ready to post this, I decided to bake with some. I made banana bread and used the hershey's cinnamon chips in one, and the cinnamon baking chips that I had just bought in the other. In my opinion Hershey's are still the best. YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...