Saturday, November 5, 2011

Eggnog Pumpkin Pie Spice Pancakes

I made these pancakes for breakfast this morning and OH MY GOODNESS they were yummy!!! Filling but yummy, I only like to eat big breakfasts on Saturday so I spurge a little. I bought eggnog to go in the cupcakes I made for Halloween and have been trying to use it all up! Besides putting it in hot chocolate instead of milk to cool mine off so I can drink it, these were a perfect way to use up leftover eggnog!! I am not much on just drinking eggnog straight, but added to cupcakes, hot chocolate, and now pancakes I love the flavor it gives! I made my pancakes with Bisquick (which I love and it's easy) but you could also substitute Eggnog for the milk in a scratch recipe too. Serve these with salty bacon and your good to go! Enjoy!!


Eggnog Pumpkin Pie Spice Pancakes
2 cups Bisquick baking mix
2 eggs
1 cup eggnog
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (or Cinnamon is good too)
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup regular milk (if your batter is too thick, I like mine on the thinner side for pancakes)
1/2 cup cinnamon chips
Butter
Maple Syrup

In a large mixing bowl, add Bisquick, eggs, eggnog, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and granulated sugar, stir with a whisk until just combined. Add the 1/4 cup regular milk to thin out the batter a little if necessary. Add the cinnamon chips and stir until they are all incorporated.
Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. Spray with a non-stick cooking spray or drizzle with a little vegetable oil . Then using a ladle, spoon your batter onto the hot griddle making the the desired size pancake that you like. (I made mine kind of big! ) Let cook for a minute or two until the bottom is golden and bubbles start to form on the top, then flip your pancake and cook another minute or two until the bottom is golden brown.
Serve hot with butter and syrup! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...