Thursday, April 5, 2012

Creamsicle Cookies

I ran across this recipe when browsing my favorite recipe sites... it sounded yummy so I had to give them a try. I LOVE Creamsicles, and the flavor of creamy orangy-ness(not sure if that's a word but it works for me!) I did tweak the recipe just a little but that's normal for me (you can find the original here) I thought for a Creamsicle cookie it needed at least a little bit of vanilla, and I added just a touch more orange juice and flour. Also I added the zest to the sugar and rubbed it in with my finger tips until it was well incorporated into the sugar and fragrant.... don't you love the smell of orange?? I think next time I make them I will add a touch of orange food coloring to the batter, and I may try about 1/4 teaspoon orange extract. But they were delicious this way too! Betcha can't eat just one......

Creamsicle Cookies
makes approx 24 large cookies or 36 smaller cookies
Ingredients:
• 2- 1/2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temp
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup light brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 2 Tablespoons Orange zest ( I used 2 large oranges)
• 2 Tablespoons orange juice
• 1 Teaspoon vanilla
• 2 cups white chocolate chips

How to Make:
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, soda and salt, then set aside.
2. In your stand mixer combine the white sugar and the orange zest, incorporate by rubbing the orange zest into the sugar with your fingers until it's well blended and fragrant. Then add butter and brown sugar and mix together about 2 minutes on medium speed.
3. Add in egg, orange juice, and vanilla and mix 30 seconds more.
4. Turn mixer to low and add in the flour mixture.
5. Continue mixing on medium-low until dough comes together.
6. Next add the white chocolate chips and stir until incorporated evenly.
7. Scoop dough by spoonfuls and drop onto parchment lined baking sheet, spacing cookies about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake 8-10 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
9. Let cool for a minute or two on baking sheet and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...