Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

Who doesn't love cookie dough??? Sometimes that's the only reason I make cookies... because I'm craving cookie dough!! I know you aren't supposed to eat it because of the raw eggs in it but who can help them selves! Not me! I found a recipe like this one on pinterest... I made it for the 4th of July for a treat... but something was off... it didn't quite taste like my cookie dough and I thought it was a bit sugary. So I thought why not try my favorite Choc Chip cookie recipe but leave out the eggs and baking soda?? I tried it and it worked! I added 2 Tablespoons milk and an extra Tablespoon of butter to get the correct consistency but it worked! It's the cookie dough I LOVE!! I think I ate 5 balls worth of cookie dough while making these! Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 Table spoon butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 Tablespoon vanilla (yes, that's 1/2 Tablespoon)
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 heaping teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
chocolate bark (for dipping, I like to use Guittard dipping chocolate)
 Sprinkles or white chocolate to garnish
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
Mix in milk and vanilla.
Add flour and salt and mix on low until combined.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Roll or scoop the dough  into about 1-inch balls and place on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator and chill for a good hour or two.
If you have any cookie dough balls left at this point, it's time to dip them in Chocolate. Chop up the chocolate bar and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in microwave for 45 seconds, remove and stir, if needed place back in microwave for 15 to 20 seconds,stirring afterwards and repeating this step until the chocolate is melted. Remove the cookie balls from the refrigerator and dip into melted chocolate. I like to use a plastic fork with the two middle tines removed to scoop my cookie ball out of the chocolate, I let sit over the bowl a bit to get the excess off, then place the dough ball back on the wax paper lined pan.
 After all the balls have been dipped in chocolate you can garnish with small sprinkles or I like to melt a little bit of white chocolate and drizzle over the top. You can add food coloring to it too if you want the drizzle to be colored.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...