Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cooking..... and creativity

Sorry this isn't a new recipe... I've been way busy with my Cake decorating class and so I've been making what's already been posted or salads.
I ran across a niece-in-law's blog, http://www.steadymom.com/, and it had some quotes  and thoughts about cooking that I loved. Some of which  I will share here along with some thoughts of my own.
I LOVE cooking, it's been my passion since I was 8 I think. I remember making cookies, candy, cakes, and you name it, when I was little. (the only trouble I had back then, was not cleaning up after myself when I was done, much to the frustration of my mom.) Now I especially love cooking in my kitchen and listening to my favorite music, sometimes dancing like a fool, and sometimes singing, and sometimes when a song comes on that pulls at my heart strings, maybe crying a bit.... It's just my creativity coming out, and my time, my alone time..... I just love to take ingredients and make them into something beautiful and delicious. It does more than just fill my stomach, it fills my soul!
 To quote President Dieter Uchtdorf:
"The bounds of creativity extend far beyond the limits of a canvas or a sheet of paper and do not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before—colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter."

So there, in a nutshell is why I love to cook, not only do I love food, but ..... I love to create! I love making something entirely new out of something ordinary, whether it be food, or crafting things with fabric, yarn, paper, or wood... you name it.  And so lately I've been letting my creativity come out in my cake decorating class...... but when I run across a recipe that I want to try out and it turns out great, you can rest assured that you will find it here. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...