Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing

I'm not sure where I got this recipe, I was blog surfing the other day. Like I've said before I've been on a salad kick lately, and thought I'd give this dressing a try. It was yummo!!! I suggest making a salad like I did for my Grilled Chicken and spinach and salad and giving this dressing a shot. Except, marinade the chicken in 1/4 cup hoisin sauce with 2 Tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, and 4 shakes of hot sauce in a ziploc bag. Cook like I did in the previous salad. YUMM!!

Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing

1/4 cup canola oil
3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
3 green onions, chopped into pieces (you will puree these in a blender)
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (I'm plugging the kind you get in the tube at walmart in the produce section again!! love it)
salt to taste


1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
 
In a blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients except sesame seeds. Puree until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
Stir in toasted sesame seeds. Drizzle over salad of your choice (see my Grilled chicken and spinach salad with Sweet and Sour dressing post-- I did that same combination.)
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...