Sunday, April 24, 2011

Smothered Pork Chops

I haven't been cooking anything new lately... I've been way busy with a cake decorating class. It's been so fun!! But with the weather being like it is, cold and snowy and windy for this time of year, I thought of this recipe. I used to make it quite a bit, I love the gravy sauce on baked potatoes and the pork chops are really tender. This is another of my comfort foods, I got it from my mom when Jim and I were first married, I'm not sure where she got the recipe, but its a good one. It's an easy recipe, but remember the pork chops take about an hour to cook in the oven so keep that in mind. Enjoy!!

Smothered Pork Chops
6 lean pork chops
2 Tablespoons flour (approx)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon ginger (optional)
1/4 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/2 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a pie plate, mix together the flour and about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, set aside. Rinse the pork chops with water, and pat dry with a paper towel.
Heat a large skillet with about 2 Tablespoons oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, dip your pork chops in the flour, you just want them to be lightly coated with the flour on each side. Place in skillet and let brown for a couple of minutes on one side, then turn and brown on the other side. Place browned pork chops in a 13x9 casserole dish.
Combine soups and seasonings  (except parsley) with 1/4 water in a saucepan; mix well. Heat this mixture through; then remove from heat; add the parsley flakes and sourcream. Mix to combine. Then pour over the pork chops in the casserole dish. Cover the dish with a sheet of aluminum foil, and seal the edges tightly. Bake in the over for 1 hour or until tender.
I like to bake my potatoes at the same time. The gravy is way good on the potatoes. YUMMO!!! This goes good with steamed veggies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...