Sunday, July 17, 2011

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


Well, since I've been on my mission to lose a few pounds this summer, I had forgotten that my husband and family still like to have sweets now and then.  So I felt bad and decided to make them some cookies. I had some Crunchy Almond Butter that I needed to use up, and I thought.. Hmmmmmm, I wonder if I did my peanut butter cookie recipe but substituted Almond butter, if it would be good. So, I had to give it a shot, after all I'm all up for experimenting when it comes to cooking!  I also added vanilla extract and a little almond extract to these, and milk chocolate chips! I also like the crunchy almond butter, it gives you a little crunch in your cookies. YUMMO.... ok, I confess I ate one cookie, I had to taste them though to make sure they were blog worthy! Enjoy!

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup crunchy almond butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons  all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4  teaspoon salt
1 cup Milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
In large bowl with electric mixer, cream butter, sugar, brown sugar, and almond butter together. Then add egg, vanilla, and almond extract and beat well. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl, and then add to creamed mixture slowly. Hand stir chips in until just combined.
Next, drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet (I use my small ice-cream scoop) and bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until just starting to brown around the edges. Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for a minute or two, then remove to cooling rack.
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...