Sunday, July 31, 2011

How to roast a garlic bulb


This last couple of weeks I had been busy trying to lose a few pounds and eat healthier, then I went on a little vacation to visit my daughter and I had a great time. When I got back I felt quite down at work and not myself. I thought maybe it was because I missed my daughter, plus my day off in the middle of the week went away due to business picking up a little, which is a good thing, I thought that was the reason I was a little down. Then I realized it was because I wasn't cooking much!! It really was! I got out my recipes I'd been wanting to try this weekend and have been a cooking fool, and I seem to have the old me back. I guess I"m going to have to let myself eat what I like, but keep portions down and exercise. After all you only have this one life, and why not do what makes you happy, but just use self control. So this weekend I made a lovely chicken alfredo (don't worry, I will post my re-vamped recipe for that here when I get a chance) I decided to roast a garlic bulb and mash it into a paste, I heard that Olive Garden uses a garlic paste instead of just minced garlic so that it was I tried and it turned out yummo! I've roasted a whole bulb of garlic before for garlic mashed potatoes, and its way better than just using minced garlic, although there is nothing wrong with minced garlic, but roasted garlic just has a bit sweeter taste and not as pungent! But I thought some of you may not know how to roast a garlic bulb, so I thought I would put this little video on here to show you just how to do it. I also have a few new recipes to share eventually, that were fun and yummy, I hope you enjoy them all! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...