Sunday, October 9, 2011

Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

It took me years to find my favorite Chocolate Chip cookie recipe... one that holds it shape while cooking and soft and chewy and just plain delicious. Then while watching the food network the other day, Duff, from the Ace of cakes was traveling around on his motorcycle in search of the perfect desserts, and he goes to this bakery that features these chocolate chip cookies that everyone seems to be crazy about and guess what?? They are are FLAT!! as flat as a pancake flat... All he had to do was ask me how to make them since that's how mine always seemed to turn out until I ran across my favorite recipe (which I have posted on my blog before) but I watched the rest of his show despite the flat chocolate chip cookies. Then on Saturday while watching the Pioneer Woman, she makes cookies for a field trip with her kids.... and guess what... they are flat cookies too!!! Are they becoming the new 'in' cookie??? all my years of perfecting chocolate chip cookies and unknown to me, I was making the perfect cookie all the time?? Well, I had to give this recipe a try.... and you know? They were good! they are supposed to flat, but they are still chewy!! So here is the recipe, I'm re-posting it here but all the credit for the recipe goes to the Pioneer Woman. I didn't change a thing other than I was out of milk chocolate chips and being worried they wouldn't taste the same if I used Semi-sweet chips, I chopped up some of my milk chocolate dipping chocolate.... so I had more of a Malted Milk Chocolate 'Chunk' cookie.... but they were delicious none-the-less.....even if they were flat!


Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened
  • ¾ cups Golden Brown Sugar
  • ¾ cups Granulated Sugar
  • 2 whole Eggs
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • 2 cups All-purpose Flour
  • 1-¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • ½ cup (rounded) Malted Milk Powder (you can find this in the same aisle as Nestle Quick usually)
  • 1 bag (12 Ounce) Milk Chocolate Chips

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream butter, then add both sugars and cream until fluffy. Add eggs and beat slightly, then add vanilla and beat until combined. Add malted milk powder and beat until combined.
Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating gently until just combined.
Add chocolate chips and stir in gently.
Drop by teaspoonfuls (or use a cookie scoop) and bake for about 10 minutes. Bake less if you want chewy cookies; more if you want crispy cookies.
Enjoy while still warm with a glass of milk! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...