Saturday, October 1, 2011

Peach Cobbler

I love fall.... have I said that before? Anyway, there are apples, all kinds of fruits and veggies to cook with and of course making those autumny (is that a word?) comfort foods you've missed all summer. I bought a 1/2 bushel of peaches and while I like eating them just plain, I also like to cook with them, whether it is peaches cooked in brown sugar and butter for a crepe filling or fresh peach pie, it's all good. I had been trying to find a good peach cobbler recipe for a while... one that my hubby would say reminded him of his childhood... and I think I'm finally close. I tried a peach crisp, and a peach cobbler with a cake mix on the top, and another that was similar to this, but not quite as good. I found this one on the Pioneer Woman's blog, she did her's with Blackberries, but I did mine with just peaches the first time I made it and then with peaches and raspberries. I also added more fruit than what she used, I thought it could use more. YUMMO! We ate it warm from the oven with icecream... and then all week I've warmed a serving up in the microwave and had whipped cream on top for breakfast before work. Peaches and cream are okay for breakfast... right???

Peach Cobbler
Ingredients:
1 stick Butter
1-¼ cup Sugar
1 cup Self-Rising Flour (or to make your own self-rising flour add 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup all purpose flour)
1 cup Milk
3 cups fresh peeled Peaches, cut into bite size pieces (or 2 cups peaches and 1 cup fresh raspberries)

Preparation Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
First, melt the butter in a microwavable dish and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and flour (and baking powder and salt if you don't have self-rising flour) Whisk in the milk until combined. Then pour in the melted butter and whisk some more until the butter is all incorporated into the flour mixture. Next, take a baking dish (I used a 9x13 glass baking dish) and generously butter the bottom and all sides.
Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish. Then sprinkle the peaches (and raspberries if you are using them) over the top of the batter; distributing evenly. Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar over the top.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until golden and bubbly.
Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...