Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Almost like J Dawg Sauce

This recipe is all over pinterest. It's a clone for the special sauce that the little J-Dawg place located by the BYU campus in Provo, Utah, puts on their hot dogs. They use polish hot dogs rather than regular hot dogs, but  I like to put this sauce on Johnsonville smoked brats with banana peppers....that's all you need besides a good chewy bun. AND guess what?? Walmart got my favorite brat buns back!! they are light and chewy at the same time, and they don't fall apart like some hot dog buns do. I LOVED this sauce recipe! It's right up there with my recipe for winger sauce! Sorry I don't have a picture... I meant to take a picture of my sauce on a brat with banana peppers but I remembered after I had eaten it.... and I try not to use someone else's photo from another blog on my blog. It's a rich sauce that looks almost like catsup or Barbecue sauce and easy to make. I dare you try this out when you grill up some of your favorite hot dogs and brats this summer! You won't be disappointed....

Almost like J Dawg Sauce
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat to just boiling. Remove from heat and drizzle over your favorite grilled hot dog, or brat in a good hot dog bun. Top with Banana Peppers (you can use what ever else you like on hot dogs too, you just won't need ketchup or mustard) and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...