Sunday, June 24, 2012

Apple Crisp

I love Apple Crisp... it was my favorite growing up, although back then I loved the crsip part more than the apple filling. I had to make some apple crisp for a refreshment for a church function a few weeks ago. I actually made my peach and strawberry cobbler and this apple crisp recipe for variety. I used my home canned apple pie filling but you can use store bought, and if you want to doctor it up a bit with some cinnamon go ahead, I like a lot of cinnamon in my apple pie filling. It was yummy served warm with ice cream on the top. Enjoy!!

Apple Crisp
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add 2 quarts (or large cans) apple pie filling to a 13x9 baking dish.
In a medium size bowl mix together:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar

Cut 1 cube (1/2 cup) cold butter into flour, oats and sugar until crumbly. Sprinkle over the top of the pie filling. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly and top is golden brown.
                                         Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...