Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Grilled Corn on the cob

I love corn on the cob and this is my favorite way to cook it! Way more flavor than boiling. This isn't really a recipe ... more like a technique but I'll post it anyway. I learned this from Food Network of course!

Corn on the Cob-- however many ears you will eat.
Leave in the husks. First, I cut the very tip off the cob of corn, this is mostly to get the silk off. Then place in a pan or bowl. Something big enough to cover completely with water. Sprinkle liberally with Kosher salt. Let sit for about an hour or longer.Heat grill to medium/ medium high heat. Drain water off corn, and place on hot grill. Let cook for 20 to 25 minutes turn about every 5 minutes or so.This is what it looks like after cooking the 25 minutes.

When done remove and let cool until you can handle them, peel husks off and slather with butter and sprinkle on a little salt and pepper. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...