Saturday, July 31, 2010

Salmon Patties

This is another one of my comfort foods. My mom used to make them alot when I was young! I use canned salmon and remove the bones. I remember eating them when I was little and once in a while mom would miss a bone (those round ones that are part of the spine) I always thought they were eye sockets or something...hahaha. But I love them and salmon is good for you! (I also used to have two goldfish that I names Sam and Patti) :o)

Salmon Patties

1 can (14oz) Pink Salmon
1 to 2 cups bread crumbs (you can use fresh, or the canned , I prefer the canned)
1/3 cup minced onion
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tablespoon parsley, crumbled ( or 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped fine)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash of pepper

Drain salmon, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid; put in large bowl and flake with fork, removing bones. Combine all ingredients in bowl. Shape into 8-  1 inch thick patties. Pan-fry in skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil on both sides until golden brown.
Serve with a slice of lemon and Enjoy!!
I serve mine with cream peas and potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...