Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Black Bean Salsa

I was experimenting the other night when I made fish tacos. I came up with this Black Bean salsa recipe, I love Black Beans. It's great on tacos or on salad with chicken bites or just with chips!!!.  Hope I get the measurements right because when I made it, I just threw this and that into it. Yumm!

Black Bean Salsa

1-14 oz. can Black Beans, rinxed and drained
3 or 4 medium sized Roma Tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 green Bell pepper minced
2 serrano peppers, minced
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground corriander
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons Lime juice

Combine all ingredients in medium sized bowl. Adjust seasonings to taste--may want to add more sugar or lime juice. I didn't measure when I first made this, and kept adding a little more sugar to it, but I didn't put more than a teaspoon. Add more lime juice if you like.
Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Serve on tacos or salads or where ever you use Salsa. Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...